ARDEX UI 720™ FLEXBONE® Floating Uncoupling Membrane is a loose-laid floating system that provides 100% uncoupling. The membrane separates from the substrate resulting in significant time and cost savings due to the minimal substrate preparation required.
The unique bone-shaped pattern with GripLock Technology provides the highest level of mortar-to-membrane bond strength. The membrane is constructed of a highly durable, flexible, plastic and a laminated topside glass fiber mesh, which contains self-sticking overlaps, for easy seam connection. There are more than 1,000 perforations per square foot that helps improve vapor pressure equalization.
- True 100% uncoupling
- Use with porcelain, ceramic, quarry and natural stone tiles
- Up to 50% time savings
- Helps prevent grout joint and tile damage
- Vapor pressure equalization
- Perfect for use over difficult substrates
- Ideal for frequently-changed floor coverings
- Linoleum and vinyl floorcoverings
- Oil contaminated floors
- Existing and cracked tile
- Painted floors
- Modified OSB
- Cutback adhesive
- Mixed substrates
- Epoxy and polished concrete floors
- Fresh laid, slightly damp concrete
- Wooden substrates and dry concrete
Accessories (Sold Separately)
- ARDEX UD 146™ Edge Insulation Strip
- ARDEX UD 156™ Movement Joint Tape
- ARDEX UD 158™ Seam Reinforcement Mesh Strip
Ardex 720 Flexbone is sold per 215 sqft roll. The roll measures 39" x 65.6' long and is 1/8" (3mm) thick. The Flexbone underlayment measures approx. 39 inches with a 2.5 inch extension of mesh used for merging seams created when butting the underlayment in long runs. Additional Ardex UD 158 Seam Reinforcement Mesh is sold separately for cuts made in the 39" width. Please note that the Ardex UD 156 Movement Joint Tape must be used over movement expansion joints (also sold separately).